The key ways entrepreneurs can keep vision alive is to cultivate the right mindset and keep the business running, the right entrepreneurial mindset attuned to seeing the promise in a particular business and how they can make the business better for themselves and others.
This right mindset make an entrepreneur comfortable with risk taking. Risk-taking is an inevitable part of the entrepreneurial journey. So it’s important to learn to weigh/ assess risk and become comfortable with it. It may sound intimidating, but taking a risk now and then is what brings big rewards. But before you make the leap, find out what you are getting into. The right mindset will give you confidence in your decision-making process as well as your ability to see things through.
Vision again is short, succinct, and inspiring statement of what the business organization intends to become and achieve in the future, often stated in competitive terms. Vision refers to the category of intentions that are broad, all-inclusive and forward-thinking. It is the image that a business must have of its goals before it sets out to reach them. It describes aspirations for the future, without specifying the means that will be used to achieve these desired needs.
Vision can also be defined as the mental images or picture of a preferred future for an organization; such future is in the realm of imagination which the visionary must bring into reality with the support of others.
Key Ways Entrepreneurs Can Keep Vision Alive
Most entrepreneurs tend to be self-starters, think about what’s next and take ownership of outcomes. Setting goals and aiming for achievements comes naturally to them. But while they work on projects with an eye on the short term, they envisage prospects over the long term. Long-term vision is one of the keys to good leadership, and is an essential ingredient in the recipe for success. Take into consideration the key ways entrepreneurs can keep vision alive:
1. Initiate and provide constant vigilance
One of the key ways entrepreneurs can keep vision alive is to ensure vision emanate from the leader(s) within the business organization and appropriate vigilance must be ensured to bring the vision to reality. Vision should be original because if copied from other persons, it may not last particularly when challenges arise in the process of actualizing the vision.
2. Set high goals but be realistic
Vision must be challenging in the sense that it must call for attention such that it will be worth pursuing. Vision must inspire the owner of the vision as well as those that will be involved in actualizing the vision. Unrealistic goals will result in frustration; hence vision must be realistic to the extent that those involved will believe its accomplishment.
3. Seek significant early involvement by other members of the organization
Another key ways entrepreneurs can keep vision alive is to seek significant early involvement by other members of the business organization. The sharing of vision with others give room for criticism so as to make the vision better and robust. The inputs of others will allow a well conceived vision. If resources have been committed before involving others it may lead to waste; if the vision could be better actualized with minor amendments.
4. Encourage widespread review and comments
Subject your vision to a critical evaluation by others, allow both positive and negative comments but be careful of destructive comments. Keep communications flowing. Give room for both vertical and horizontal communication. All the members of the business organization or family members must have something to offer. No one is the absolute custodian of knowledge
5. Demonstrate commitment, follow through
Vision is lonely; demonstrate your commitment and encourage the commitment of the business organization members. You must lead others to follow your vision through. If you abandon it no one can revive it but you. So do not quit your vision, a quitter never wins and winners never quit.
6. Maintain harmony of sub-units
Ensure the different units of the organization work in harmony. No unit is allowed to work at variance with one another, that is, it must be a unified vision.
7. Make it constantly visible
Let the attitude of the entrepreneurs always reflect the organizational vision. The decision making process must be in line with the business organization vision, so that all members of the organization are constantly aware that it is the organizational vision that is directing the activities within the organization.
Other Tips to Entrepreneurs Vision Alive
The tips for keeping entrepreneurs vision alive includes:
- Vision must be developed by leaders, those who have the strength and influence to establish direction and mobilize the organization members and
- Empower people at all levels by articulating your vision, agree on clear goals and objectives and give them the authority they need to be entrepreneurial in finding ways of achieving their goals.
- A vision must be communicated to followers and must be supported by them. Leaders must market their vision clear to the
- Remove fear of unknown and fear of failure in your words and
- Stay focused on the key strategic goals despite all the day-to-day
- Create a working environment that encourages creativity and
- Allow people time for exploration and discovery in addition to normal
- Make the vision comprehensive and detailed so that every member of the organization can understand his or her part in bringing the vision to
- Invest in employee training and coaching. Help them to develop entrepreneurial and creative skills.
- A vision must be uplifting and
- Plan for success but give room for
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.